Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lace and other musings




Last weekend I spent two days @ the Cronulla Lace group doing a workshop with the wonderful Jenny R from Canberra. I had a nice but tireing two days. Jenny R is a great teacher, kind, considerate, tolerant and able to "gently" push you to do things you may not wish to do in your lace. We all learnt many new things. I am slowly working through the samples still.
We decided that my Beds hankie edging is progressing (just) OK. I now have a few tips of how to continue now that I am at the corner. I will post some photos - as Iwork things out.
Well then, thanks to my friend Britt from WA I have managed to post a couple of pictures. I had done some of the tallies in the neck of the dancing chook - it is the Dancing Cockerel from Cooks' Russian Tape Lace book, the Beds hankie edge is a Jenny R origional. (I think you can look forward to similar patterns from Jenny in her book - which is being worked on currently.
Now only 13 sleeps till DH and I go on our holiday to Tasmania, yay happy dance! We have still to book the car - will do this weekend. Best wishes - Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment